I work with growing families and businesses, most frequently people under 40. I believe that your investment contributions and debt repayments can be made so much easier with regular, automated contributions. Clients go through a discovery process to arrive at a regular monthly or bi-weekly commitment to pay themselves first. The commitment is flexible, but the results show that automation gets you the progress you need without the headaches.
My experiences have helped me become proficient in the areas of:
- defining all of your financial goals
- designing a flexible mortgage at the best rates
- designing investment plans that minimize taxation, and down side risk
- insurance protection for when you are sick, or hurt, or in the event of death
- insurance planning with return of premium
- business protection, so your business survives tough times
- business succession, so you get the value out of your business and retire from it well
- retirement planning, so you don't outlast your money
- estate planning, to minimize taxes and ensure that your final wishes are exactly what happen
I began as an advisor in 2012 working mostly with people in my age group, but also young families (I have three young kids myself), doctors and retirees. In 2014 I was given an internal role in which I specialized in the area of business planning, estate planning and retirement planning. I provided service to over 100 advisors between Ottawa and Toronto. In this role I created solutions for cases I likely wouldn't have seen as a new advisor. This experience gave me the confidence to leave the comfy position of internal specialist and re-open my practice as a financial advisor. I feel very comfortable working with incorporated businesses and professionals, complex retirement and estate needs, and of course, families and recent graduates.
I don't work with any one group specifically, or only accept accounts of a certain size. I firmly believe that if you are willing to commit to your financial health the way people commit to their physical health, then you have the attitude it takes to succeed. Like a personal trainer I will help you maximize your efforts and be the person to educate and coach you through every obstacle. My greatest reward comes from seeing the transformation that occurs when people achieve more than they thought they could because of my help.